Pages

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Eggnog Loaf - #FoodieExtravaganza








Extravaganza is celebrating National Eggnog month. This eggnog loaf is so easy to throw together that I've made it twice in the last 3 days. It's also a great base that I can't wait to play around with some more. I'm a huge fan of cinnamon so of course, I would love to swirl some in. But for today, the focus is on nutmeg. Foodie  Now, I don't drink eggnog but I always assumed that nutmeg was the only (main) spice used. While I was trying to figure out what to make, I started reading about the history of eggnog. I was quite surprised when they mentioned cinnamon. To me it has always been the "nutmegy", milk drink. I didn't add the cinnamon though. I'm letting the nutmeg shine. Next time, cinnamon, next time.

Be sure to check out the other eggnog treats below. Happy National Eggnog Month!

Eggnog Loaf
Yield: 1 loaf; number of servings depends on how much you life cake
Ingredients 
2 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
2 eggs
1 cup eggnog
1 cup light brown sugar 
1//2 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon rum extract

Directions
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 9" x 5" loaf pan
Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, eggnog, sugar, oil, vanilla, rum extract.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. It won't take long - don't overmix.
Bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.


Here are the other eggnog treats!


Eggnog Cookies by Caroline’s Cooking
Eggnog Cheesecake by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Eggnog Banana Bread by Making Miracles
Heavenly Almond Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accompice
Eggnog Tasting + A Classic Recipe by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Eggnog Loaf by Passion Kneaded
Alcohol Free Eggnog by Sneha’s Recipes
Frosted Eggnog Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Cinnamon Streusel Eggnog Coffeecake by Food Lust People Love
Vegan Eggnog by Cookaholic Wife

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, it always seems to be nutmeg-dominated, but a little cinnamon works well too when I have made myself. Sounds like a tasty loaf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always like cinnamon more than nutmeg in my eggnog. And I really love a quick bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds pretty easy and delicious! Cinnamon does sound like it would be good here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does look super simple, Kelly, but what a beautiful sweet loaf! I like nutmeg now that I'm a grown up, in small doses, but my heart is always with cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete